What is the Family Caregiver Support Program…..?
Caregiver Support Program offers No-Cost
services to unpaid family caregivers providing care to an older individual (age
60 and older), an individual of any age with Alzheimer’s Disease or
senior grandparents caring for a minor grandchild.
is designed to help family caregivers in many roles. If you are an adult child
caring for a senior parent, a senior caring for a senior spouse, a senior
grandparent caring for minor grandchildren, or a senior parent caring for an
adult disabled child you may qualify for this extra assistance. With our
services we can fill in the gaps that are not covered by other programs. By
helping with the day to day to day responsibilities we give the caregiver time
to focus more on the emotional care of their loved ones.
- Information Services- providing public information on caregiving and/or community education
- Access Assistance- information on services available within the community
- Support Services-includes Caregiver Assessments, Counseling, Support Group, Training and
- Respite Care- homemaker assistance, home chore assistance, in home supervision
- Peer Counseling and Support Groups
- Supplemental Services- Assistive Devices, Home Adaptation
- Referrals and Information Services- for needs outside program